Educational institutions—from public school systems and private schools to research universities and colleges—are exposed to a wide variety and a rising number of risks. Campus security and safety is a growing concern, especially given the number of violent acts that have taken place on school and college grounds in recent years. These institutions must also comply with governmental regulations, such as Title IX, the Violence Against Women Act and the Patriot Act to name a few, as well as protect themselves from additional exposures.
If not protected, institutions may experience reputational damage, loss of profitability and even compromised viability as the public and governing bodies expect even more accountability from schools, colleges and universities.
The First Baldwin Insurance risk management team can ensure you are properly protected. We put our expertise to work for you to assess your risk and access proper, cost-effective coverage. With our help, you can rest assured your educational institution is insured against not only today’s risks, but prepared to take on tomorrow’s.
Among the exposures we can provide coverage solutions for are:
- Web-related risks and online teaching exposures
- Student activities and sponsored events
- Athletic liabilities including traumatic brain injury
- International travel and study-abroad programs
- Campus violence
- Allegations of hazing, harassment, discrimination and tenure issues
- Intellectual property, clinical trials and technology transfer
- Regulatory compliance and board accountability
- Pollution exposures