Insurance for your recreational vehicle is a must whether you’re running a small business out of it or you’re traveling the country. Relying on your auto or homeowners insurance policies is not enough to provide adequate coverage.
The only way to ensure your RV and its contents are protected is to purchase a separate motorhome insurance policy. Multiple types of coverage exist, so consider the following options and discuss your needs with your insurance agent:
- Total Loss Replacement – Pays for replacement cost of your RV based on the age of the model.
- Personal Effects Replacement Cost – Gives the replacement cost of personal items as the result of a covered loss.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage – Covers expenses related to lodging or transportation in the event of a loss named in your policy.
- Windshield Coverage – Takes care of windshield repair or replacement.
- Medical Payments – Pays for medical costs as a result of an accident involving your RV regardless of who is at fault.
- Roadside Assistance – Provides 24/7 coverage in the event of a breakdown or accident. In some cases, this can be upgraded to also cover lodging, transportation and meals.
First Baldwin Insurance offers RV Insurance across the Gulf Coast in the cities of Foley, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Fairhope, Daphne, Silverhill, Spanish Fort and Mobile, Alabama.