Workers’ compensation is a mandatory form of insurance carried by most employers. Requirements vary from state to state, but this type of insurance protects employees against job-related injuries and illnesses. Workers’ compensation pays for certain medical expenses, a portion of lost wages and death benefits to an employee’s heirs if he or she dies as a result of an injury or illness related to the job.
To determine how much coverage you will need, the First Baldwin Insurance team of risk management professionals will evaluate your existing situation, explore the options available to you and share their expertise in the workers’ compensation field. Together, you will craft a policy that meets your needs and provides your business adequate protection from a work-related injury or illness.
Some aspects of a well-rounded workers’ compensation program may include:
- Medical benefits and rehabilitation or physical therapy treatments
- Replacement income during the time the claimant can not work
- Costs for retraining or training programs
- Compensation for any permanent injuries
- Benefits to survivors of workers killed on the job
- Employers Liability for infrequent but potentially expensive allegations of and possible payment for extreme employer negligence that causes injury to one or more employees.