Motorcycle insurance provides protection for both you and your bike in the event of an accident. You may be able to save on your premiums, for example, if your bike is stored in a garage or if you have completed a safe rider course sponsored by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Some motorcycle insurance is required, and the following two components are built into any policy you purchase.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – Pays for loss of income, medical expenses or funeral/burial costs of others who are injured or killed as a result of an accident.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage – Covers the replacement or repair of other motorist’s vehicle, as well as another motorist’s property, including a vehicle or home.
- Extending your coverage with the following optional policies can enhance your financial protection and peace of mind:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Takes care of medical expenses for injuries caused by a motorist who doesn’t have insurance or adequate coverage.
- Collision – Pays for damages caused by a collision with another vehicle or a stationary object, such as a fence, guard rail or parked vehicle. Also covers damages if your parked bike is hit.
- Comprehensive – Covers loss or damage due to something other than a collision, including theft, vandalism, severe weather or hitting an animal.
- Rental Reimbursement – Provides a rental while your bike is being repaired as the result of an accident.
First Baldwin Insurance offers Motorcycle Insurance across the Gulf Coast in the cities of Foley, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Fairhope, Daphne, Silverhill, Spanish Fort and Mobile, Alabama.