Ensuring cybersecurity in the digital age is taking on greater importance as more critical consumer financial and health information is stored electronically. Protecting against data compromises through insurance is a fairly new, but expanding response to the growing number of cyber risks.
First Baldwin Insurance can seek out appropriate coverage to meet your needs. A typical policy might offer some combination of traditional liability coverage that protects against claims by third parties, as well as protection against losses suffered by the insured. Many more specialized options are available to meet the growing demand for cyber risk insurance.
Cyber risk coverage may help protect against the following:
- Liability for security or privacy breaches due to allowing or failing to prevent unauthorized access
- Costs associated with a privacy breach, including customer notifications and support
- Costs related to restoring, updating or replacing business assets stored electronically
- Loss of business income as a result of an attack that prevents or limits business operation
- Liability for online defamation, libel or slander involving websites, social media or print media
- Costs of damage to, or destruction of, valuable information because of viruses, malicious code, etc.