Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
Enjoy all the thrills of owning an all-terrain vehicle, dirt bike or dune buggy without the worry by making sure you have off-road vehicle insurance.
ATVs feature special low-pressure tires that offer more stability at lower speeds and can navigate dirt, sand, mud and grass. But owning and operating them still poses risks, and adequate coverage can help protect them against theft and damage, among other things.
Several types of coverages are available for off-road vehicles. Be familiar with these options to discuss with your agent:
- Full Coverage/Comprehensive – Covers a broad range of risks or exposures, including damage due to vandalism, fire and extreme weather, and theft.
- Collision – Pays for covered damages resulting from a collision with another ATV, parked vehicle, rock, tree or similar type of obstacle.
- Custom Accessories Coverage – Provides protection for any accessory that was not included in the original manufacturer’s version of the vehicle. Examples include paint, rims, saddlebags or other custom accessories.
- Liability – Extends coverage to property damage or bodily injury resulting from a collision or accident. Typically this covers injuries to other individuals and not your own, but you can find coverage for both.
- Roadside Assistance – Supplemental insurance that covers minor labor or repairs in the event of a breakdown or transportation to the nearest repair facility.
- Underinsured/Uninsured – Protects from financial loss should you be involved in an accident with someone who does not have any insurance or doesn’t have enough to adequately cover damages.