Casualty insurance for businesses broadly includes coverage that isn’t directly related to life insurance or health insurance. This type of protection is primarily concerned with losses caused by injuries, and legal liability the insured has to those injured or for the damage to the property of others.
In some cases, casualty and property coverage can be combined, together known as property and casualty insurance. But overall, a casualty policy provides umbrella protection that can support a wide range of coverages depending on a business owner’s unique operations or risks.
Generally, casualty coverage offers the following protection:
- Liability insurance, including general liability and errors and omissions (or professional) liability
- Workers’ compensation and employers’ liability coverages
- Commercial auto insurance
- Commercial umbrella and excess liability coverages
- Foreign casualty coverages, including foreign liability, auto and workers compensation coverages
- Specialty coverages such as special event insurance and entertainer liability
To ensure your business is properly protected, discuss your unique insurance needs with your First Baldwin Insurance agent. Together, we can craft a commercial casualty insurance plan that makes sense for your business and provides you adequate peace of mind that your risks are managed.